Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Fourth of July

I *love* the fourth of July! Not having lived in a time when I did not have the freedoms and rights that we now hold in this country, it's not about "independence" for me. It's all about the sparklers and the fireworks! :) (Should I be ashamed of this? lol)

We gave Emma a late nap because we wanted to keep her awake until dark so she could really enjoy this 4th. She was awake and happy at dark! We went out to our back yard and lit sparklers for her. She really liked them! This, of course, was no surprise since she's such a magpie! We did have to remind her over and over that they are "hot" and you can't touch the sparkles.









Trevor was not too sure what to think of the sparklers. He looks a bit confused. :)







Then, we decided to light off some mortars-the big fireworks with the beautiful burst in the sky! My absolute favorite! :) These were not Emma's favorite. She watched for a moment...then when I'd tell her to look in the sky, she'd raise her head to face the fireworks, but her eyes were squeezed tightly closed. :) She dove under the blanket on the third one, so we decided that rather than tourture her, we'd take her in to bed. Amazingly she slept through the hours of firework booms on our street. Trevor and I watched through the big window inside. He was curious, but not terribly impressed. He was nodding off so I took him to bed and missed the big fireworks towards the end. Oh well! Next year, we'll try again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma is absolutely adorable! A classic shirley temple look! Auntie Tara loves you and misses you!

Anonymous said...

I look at these pictures multiple times a day. They make me smile. Actually, just thinking about the kids make me smile. They are amazing! I love them very much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica and Gregg, Boy, looking at the picture of Emma with Jonah, the side view is diffently a likeness of her Mother at that age. However, from the full face view I would say that she has a a lot of the Stang family looks. Trever is not lacking from proper nutrition. Gregg and Monica, you both can be quite proud of your little family.
Love to you all,
Mr. Dickie and Ms. Janie